Are you planning to visit the UK? Make your journey memorable with us!
The United Kingdom Visitor Visa, also called the Standard Visitor Visa, is a temporary visa that permits entry and residence in the country for up to six months. Some valid reasons to obtain this visa to visit the United Kingdom are tourism, meeting family and friends, participating in business-related activities, or taking a holiday.
To apply for a Standard Visitor visa, you will need to:
01. Complete the online visa application form and pay the visa fee.
02. Provide proof of your identity, such as a passport or national identification card.
03. Provide proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK, such as bank statements or a letter from your employer.
04. Provide proof of your travel plans, such as a return ticket or confirmation of onward travel.
05. Provide details of your stay, like a hotel reservation or an invitation from a host.
06. Attend an interview at a visa application centre if required.
Documents Required Along with the documents mentioned in the process above, you will need:
01. Fill out form VAF1A to apply for a tourist visa to the UK.
Pro Tip: It is better to submit your form online.
02. Two pictures are required; they must be in colour and can’t be older than six months. Your current passport must have at least three months left on its validity after the day you plan to leave the United Kingdom following your trip.
03. A declaration demonstrating that you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses while in the UK. You can give copies of your most recent bank statements for the past six months.
Extension on Standard Visitor Visa In some uncommon circumstances, you might be eligible for an extension on your Standard Visitor Visa. For instance, your visa can be extended for six months if you are obtaining private medical treatment. For this extension, you must provide evidence that you have paid for all of your medical charges, that you have the financial means to meet any additional costs, and that you have not broken any immigration or visa laws.
Pro Tip: The total time that can pass between the expiration of the first visa and the issuance of an extension can be up to 12 months.
Application Fee: The application fee for a tourist visa to the UK is £89. On the other hand, the price is £179 for academic research projects that last up to a year and for medical treatment that lasts between six and eleven months. It will cost you £337 for a long-term visa valid for two years, £612 for five years, and £767 for ten years.