Are you an Australian permanent resident or citizen who wishes to call your parents in Australia? The Australia Parent Migration Visa enables PR holders or citizens to sponsor their parents for a PR visa. To simplify this process, Deriva Migration Consultants can assist in relocating to Australia with our extensive knowledge and decades of experience with Australian immigration.
There are two types of Australia Parent Migration Visas:
01. Non-Contributory Parent Visas:
This is a PR visa with a low processing fee but indefinite processing times that can last 30 years or more. Parent(s) may consider applying for a visiting visa under the 600 subclass, which grants a visiting visa for up to 18 months on a case-by-case basis.
02. Contributory Parent Visas: This is a fast-track PR visa with a processing time of 5-6 years for select applicants based on queue and cap.
Parent Visa Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must have a child who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Before submitting the visa application, the applicant must
– Have a child who has been legally residing in Australia for at least two years.
– A sponsor is required for the applicant.
– The applicant must meet the criteria for the Balance of Family Test.
– The applicant must be in good health and have a good character.
Characteristics of the Temporary Parent Visa: Every fiscal year, the number of visa spots for a parent visa is limited to 15,000 people. Parents can apply for this visa for three or five years. A three-year visa costs AUD 5,000, while a five-year visa costs AUD 10,000.
Parents who enter Australia on this visa will be able to reapply for a Subclass 870 visa and, if approved, will be able to stay for a total of ten years in Australia. They cannot, however, work while on this visa.
Successful applicants for the Australia Parent Migration Visa will be able to:
01. Stay in Australia indefinitely on a PR visa
02. Live, work, and study in Australia
03. Can participate in Australia’s public healthcare system
04. Can sponsor relatives to visit Australia
05. Can apply for naturalisation
Conditions of the Visa: Before a parent can apply for this visa, a child must obtain government clearance as a parent sponsor.
The following are the approval requirements:
01. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
02. Have a taxable income of AUD 83,454 for the previous fiscal year or a combined income of AUD 83,454 with your spouse or de facto partner.
03. The government must have carried out the required police checks.
04. There must be no outstanding public health or Commonwealth debts.
05. You must be financially capable of supporting and housing your parents in Australia.
When you become an approved parent sponsor, your parent or parents can apply for a Temporary Parent visa as mentioned above.
Qualifications for a Temporary Parent Visa Parents applying for a Temporary Parent visa must fulfil certain qualifications. These requirements are:
01. The applicant must be the biological, adoptive, stepparent, or parent-in-law of an Australian child.
02. They must have enough money to cover expenses in the country.
03. They must be insured for the duration of their visit.
04. They must have complied with the terms of their previous Australian visas.
05. They must only intend to stay in Australia for a short period.
06. They must meet the health and character requirements to be eligible.
It can be challenging to navigate these requirements for both parents and children. Allow us to help by getting in touch with our experienced consultants today!