Have you recently graduated from a college or university in Australia and are looking to work here for a few months?
Recent graduates of an Australian educational institution can apply for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) and work in Australia on a temporary basis. The subclass 485 visa is divided into two categories:
01. Graduate Work stream: You can stay and work in Australia for 18 months through this stream. The eligibility criteria is:
a. An international student who finished two years of study in Australia.
b. Graduate with a qualification within the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
c. Having skilled assessment relevant to that occupation
02. Post-Study Work stream:
You can stay and work in Australia for 18 months if you fall into this category by having the following documents: a. A higher education degree (Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree) from an Australian institution, regardless of the field of study b. A student visa issued on or after November 5, 2011
01. The applicant must meet the study requirements of Australia.
02. The applicant must be under the age of 50.
03. The applicant must take an English proficiency test and score at least competent in all four departments (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
04. When applying, the applicant must have a valid student visa or a valid bridging visa if the visa has expired within the last six months.
05. Before the visa application can be processed, the applicant must pass a skill evaluation test for the occupation in question
06. Should meet the character requirements.
07. Should not owe the Australian government anything.
08. The applicant must have recently completed a CRICOS-registered course.
01. The applicant can travel to Australia with their family using this visa.
02. The subclass 485 visa allows the visa holder to reside anywhere in Australia.
03. Applicants can gain valuable work experience in their new field.
Want to know more about this kind of visa and its process? Book a consultation with us!